AND THE WINNER IS...
After hundreds of votes and a lot of debate, we are pleased to announce the WINNER of the fourth annual International Photo Contest at the Alberta School of Business.
Håkon's entry "Above the Fog" was chosen from among the 10 finalists by a selection panel of faculty, staff and student representatives of the School of Business and the online vote. As the grand prize winner, Håkon will receive a $300 prize and have his photo prominently displayed in the Alberta School of Business. His entry and accompanying abstract clearly conveyed the idea of going outside one's comfort zone that comes with international/intercultural experience and demonstrates how travelling can open us up to new things.
Please also help recognize our two RUNNER-UP SELECTIONS by Garrett Rokosh and Brenna Androschuk.
All the entries selected as finalists were outstanding in their own right and represented a wide variety of perspectives and experiences. Some showcased personal adventures in breathtaking settings, others depicted a sense of venturing out into the unknown, and still others portrayed the character and culture of local people in a meaningful way. For this reason, they are all very difficult to compare to one another. All these entries were worthy in their own way and deserve recognition and appreciation. Take another look at all our great Finalists on the School of Business International Programs site.
Thank you to everyone for making the 2017/2018 Alberta School of Business International Photo Contest a great success!
What is the BEA?
The Business Exchange Association was co-founded in 2006 by Tristan Khaner and Kieran Ryan upon return from an international study exchange. Their goal was to establish a club dedicated to promoting the amazing experience they had abroad, and that is exactly what the BEA does! We are a student run organization that promotes international experiences to domestic students, and works to ensure that every exchange student studying at the Alberta School of Business has the best experience possible.
Travel Award’s Program (TAP)
The TAP is a $1000 scholarship offered through the Business Exchange Association and the Alberta School of Business to eligible Business Students who are participating in exchange programs for a semester or full year. All TAP recipients will be invited to our Bon Voyage Luncheon before their departure:
Register for the TAP scholarship here:
Why go Exchange?
Who doesn’t want to travel while in University!? It’s a no-brainer! But if you need a bit more encouragement here are 5 simple reasons why you should just go for it!
1. There are over 40 destinations worldwide! If there’s a country you have always dreamed of visiting there is likely a partner institution just waiting for you!
2. It’s not as expensive as you think! As an exchange student you pay your tuition directly to the U of A… but without those pesky market modifiers, which actually makes your tuition cheaper!
3. There is a crazy amount of funding for students going abroad! It’s just a matter of applying.
4. It looks great on your resume!
5. It will be the best experience of your life. You will learn more about yourself and learn many useful skills for later in life (you have to learn how to do your own laundry eventually!). There is also the added benefit of being able to travel to other cities on your weekends!