What is the BEA?
The Business Exchange Association was co-founded in 2006 by Tristan Khaner and Kieran Ryan upon return from an international study exchange. Their goal was to establish a club dedicated to promoting the amazing experience they had abroad, and that is exactly what the BEA does! We are a student run organization that promotes international experiences to domestic students, and works to ensure that every exchange student studying at the Alberta School of Business has the best experience possible.
Why go Exchange?
Who doesn’t want to travel while in University!? It’s a no-brainer! But if you need a bit more encouragement here are 5 simple reasons why you should just go for it!
1. There are over 40 destinations worldwide! If there’s a country you have always dreamed of visiting there is likely a partner institution just waiting for you!
2. It’s not as expensive as you think! As an exchange student you pay your tuition directly to the U of A… but without those pesky market modifiers, which actually makes your tuition cheaper!
3. There is a crazy amount of funding for students going abroad! It’s just a matter of applying.
4. It looks great on your resume!
5. It will be the best experience of your life. You will learn more about yourself and learn many useful skills for later in life (you have to learn how to do your own laundry eventually!). There is also the added benefit of being able to travel to other cities on your weekends!
Travel Award’s Program (TAP)
The TAP is a $1000 scholarship offered through the Business Exchange Association and the Alberta School of Business to eligible Business Students who are participating in exchange programs for a semester or full year. All TAP recipients will be invited to our Bon Voyage Luncheon before their departure:
Register for the TAP scholarship here: